[THIN] Re: 2003 TS license server and Windows 2000 Terminal Servers

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:11:56 +0100

Thanks for all of the replies.

All is now clear :¬)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cláudio Rodrigues
  To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 8:52 PM
  Subject: [THIN] Re: 2003 TS license server and Windows 2000 Terminal Servers

  Others already answered most of your questions. Regarding the KB the issue
happens when a client (Windows 2000) gets a temporary license from the 2003
licensing server and when this license should turn into a permanent one (2000
TS CAL, per device) it does not as there is a bug on the product listed. That
is why a hotfix is required.

  Cláudio Rodrigues

  Microsoft MVP

  Windows Technologies - Terminal Services

  http://www.terminal-services.net