[THIN] 2000 Terminal Server with 2003 CALS

  • From: Chris Strug <chrisstrug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 15:57:55 +0000

Greetings all,

Was wondering if anyone could confirm something for me. We've an old
Server 2000 based PS4.0 farm. The TS license server is 2000, likewise
all Citrix servers are PS4.0 on 2000.

We've found a need for a 2003 PS / XenApp server to be included in the
farm - however I'm pretty convinced that the fact our TS license
server is running server 2000 is going to prove a major sticking point
as I don't believe that a TS license server on Windows 2000 can issue
CALs for 2003 clients.

Can anyone confirm this is definately the case? - I tried a quick
Google but wasn't able to find anything conclusive...

Thanks all.

Chris

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist