[THIN] 1004 events / network and dialup problems are preventing....

  • From: <Graeme.Bury@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:45:36 +1100

Hi,
Getting what seems to be a common error (unfortunately there doesn't
seem to be a well known fix).
3 separate linux clients, 2 use one citrix server, 1 client uses another
server.
All three are getting the "network and dialup problems are preventing
access to the server" error.
The citrix servers log 1004 events in the system log.

I have an unlimited amount of Tscals available on our domain
controllers.

Server details:
Win2k server sp4
Citrix metaframe XP1.0 FR3/SP3
All latest MS and Citrix patches

Client details:
Redhat 9
Ica client 7.x
Debian
Ica client 7.x

So far I have tried the following:
- Adding the default license server key in the ctx servers registry
- Reinstalling the ica clients on the linux boxes
=3D Used rDesktop on the redhat machine and was able to connect (so RDP
connections still work)

We have other linux clients which are not affected, no windows clients
have reported having problems.
The MS article on this error suggests that if RDP connections work from
the affected client, then ICA is to blame.

Any ideas where to proceed?
The citrix support forums were also no help.

This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com