[The Teacher List] The Potato Story

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: theteacherlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 07:08:46 -0600

"Teaching children about good nutrition and healthier lifestyles will help them
make more informed and better choices both now and in the future."  This
unbranded series of games by McCain Foods (GB), offer some insights into how
important plant growth cycles are to the food supply.  The Potato Story uses
the journey a potato makes from 'field to fork' to teach children in a fun,
interactive and engaging way. The story focuses on how potatoes are grown and
harvested, as well as the nutritional benefits of potatoes and the role they
play in an overall balanced diet.  While not entirely without bias, there is
some good information on the site - and it's fun to explore.
--
        The URL:  http://www.thepotatostory.co.uk/

Need an Official Teacher List Caffeine Receptacle? How about a Mouse Pad or a
Golf Shirt? I'll give my 10% markup/profit as a gift-certificate for
Cinderella's Closet (http://www.cinderellascloset.org/home.html) if you
purchase before June 1st! More info at
http://www.cafepress.com/TTLstore.383110622

Fan Page