[The Teacher List] Polar Bear Cams

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: theteacherlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:09:25 -0700

My pal, Des, sent me this CBC.ca article that hosts a few Polar Bear Cams. From
the article: "The southern-most population of polar bears on the planet gathers
on the banks of the Hudson Bay in northern Manitoba every year from late
October until late November for their annual migration.
Around 1,000 bears navigate their way across the sea ice, which is often
unpredictable terrain to traverse. The migration near Churchill, about 1,500
kilometres north of Winnipeg, has become its own breeding ground for
biologists, climate experts and tourists who come every year to witness and
analyze the bears' annual trek. The migration can now be seen around the world
thanks to technology installed by explore.org, which is the media branch of the
Annenberg Foundation, a U.S. non-profit group. Live video of the event is now
accessible to anyone with an internet connection."
--
        The URL:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/the-annual-polar-bear-migration-in-real-time-1.2350310

Pete directly.