[The Teacher List] Lemov's Taxonomy of Effective Teaching Practices

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: theteacherlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 07:01:20 -0600

List member, Ruth Manna, showed me these video clips of effective teaching
practices from Doug Lemov's new book, Teach Like a Champion.
When she was at ASCD conference in March, there was a lot of buzz about Doug
Lemov's new book and DVD. The target group for his book is new teachers in
urban schools, but we can all learn from Lemov's taxonomy of effective teaching
practices. Lemov's position is that average, run-of-the-mill teachers can
become highly effective teachers, if only they'd adopt very specific techniques
of outstanding teachers.  The clips are streamed through YouTube, so they may
not be viewable from school if you're filtered...
--
        The URL:  http://www.uncommonschools.org/usi/aboutUs/taxonomy.php

Fan Page
http://www.cafepress.com/TTLstore - The Teacher List Gear