[the-facts-machine] Cannot open .pdf files

  • From: "Dr. Ronald E. Milliman" <rmilliman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <the-facts-machine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:08:04 -0500

I cannot open .pdf files when they are a link in an email message or when
they are shown as a link online. The only way I have found that works for me
is to paste the address into either Adobe or Text Cloner Pro, and then, they
open right up. Obviously, there is a setting somewhere that I need to
change, but I have looked and looked and cannot find any such setting
anywhere. So, can you point me in the right direction to resolve this
problem? I used to be able to click on such links in my messages or on
websites, and it would come right up with a list of choices, I would click
on "start" and the process would begin, but not anymore, unless I use Adobe
or Text Cloner Pro directly. Oh, as additional information, I can go to a
.pdf file I have saved on my hard drive, like in my Amateur Radio Folder,
and it will open up.

Ron

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman

Retired Professor of Marketing