[the-facts-machine] Re: Accessible virus programs.

  • From: Steve <pipeguy920@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <the-facts-machine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:27:52 -0400

Hmmm, I usually would prefer an anti-virus program.  I imagine if you do a lot
of torrent you might get a virus.

It depends on what screen reader you use.  From what I understand, Vipre 2014
is accessible; Vipre 2015 is not although I understand it does work with Jaws
16.

In the past GwMicro recommended Eset.  I don't know how accessible their
current versions are though.

I still use Microsoft Security Essentials because it is very user-friendly.  I
do supplement it with doing a scan periodically with another on-line anti-virus
program.  I think the one I use is Sophos Virus Removal which you can download
as an executable file.

Steve