[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Evening birds at Clapp Park, Lubbock

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:26:31 -0700

Greetings All:

Cameron Carver and I birded Clapp Park from about 5:15 to about 7:45 this
evening - Clayton Rickett joined us about halfway through our visit.

We picked up 39 species with the following highlights: 7 White Faced Ibises, 1
Peregrine Falcon, 8 Black-necked Stilts, 2 American Avocets, 2 Greater
Yellowlegs, 1 Wilson's Snipe, 1 Chimney Swift, 1 Western Kingbird, 1-3 Bank
Swallow (s), 4 Hermit Thrushes, 1 Brown Thrasher, 1 Orange-crowned Warbler, and
3 Wilson's Warblers.

The intergrade Mallard x 'Mexican Duck' persists and appears to be paired with
a typical Mallard.

The winds have shifted to a direction that is more favorable for grounding
migrants and, with water levels very good at the park, Clapp Park bears close
watching this week.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds