[texbirds] roadrunners

  • From: Patricia Peacock <joepatricia.peacock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:15:46 -0500

With the talk about Roadrunners, it reminded me of how we got Roadrunners
on our property.
Since we do prescribed burns on our land, we made burn barriers around all
our pastures. They were about 1 and 1/2 tractors widths wide.  After that a
pair of Roadrunners ventured onto our middle pasture and were seen building
a nest.  Before this we had only seen Roadrunners about 2 miles away along
the side of the road.  I guess, if you build it, they will come.

Patricia Peacock
Oakland, Texas