[texbirds] fw: Martins

  • From: "John Arvin" <jarvin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "New Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:29:49 -0500

Fred Collins requested help in observing Purple Martin roosts using NEXRAD
weather radar. I decided that others might be interested as well so I am
forwarding my instructions to the list. You need to adjust the Loop
Duration so that it includes the time the roosts disperse at dawn. I sent
Fred my instructions about 8:30 and 3 hours worked well at that time, but
it might me 4 hours by now and will increase as the day goes on. Click on
your nearest NEXRAD station on the map (my instructions were for the
Houston/Galveston site).
John C. Arvin
Research Associate
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory