[texbirds] exotics

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1 Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:56:22 -0700 (PDT)

I don't mind whatever standard is settled on by ABA, but I would still like to
know
where are the exotics in each state, especially if they have been around a few
years (three or more).
Most of us birders who are obsessive listers like every bird we see and would
put hybrids on our lists as
well. These days only local birders know where their exotics are. I may pass up
some area
while on vacation in another state and not be aware that a good roost site is
there.

All the birds need to be in the guide books, and if they are not, someone
somewhere
can make a nice pile of money writing a guide book just on the exotics of North
America.
I'll make an advance order.

Carolyn Dill
Houston