[texbirds] count circle app - addenum

  • From: Janet Rathjen <j.rathjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 19:30:08 -0800 (PST)

I forgot to mention that with this version, the circle center you set cannot be
saved, so if you set a new center, you will need to reset it on your house when
you want to use it again.  I find that the circle stays set when I am not using
the app, but I don't know what happens if the app gets closed.  I wrote to the
maker about using the app for the challenge and he pointed out the problem, but
is enthused that people want to use it for this purpose, so maybe the next
update will allow us to save our circle center on our own phones.  Whatever you
do, do not save a new center for any Christmas Bird Count circle unless you are
the compiler for that circle.  It will change the center on the Audubon
Database
which will cause a lot of problems.

Janet Rathjen
Houston, TX