[texbirds] Yard Tales

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 14:15:56 -0500

.
There are three male White-eyed Vireos (one a little ways off) singing
behind my house. I would hope for a nest, but oak/juniper is not their
preferred habitat, so I expect them to move down towards the creek soon.
The Bewick's Wren that has been around all winter still (I'm guessing) has
no mate, and sings loudly everyday. A Pine Siskin was buzzing as I sat
watching the cleaned and refilled hummingbird feeders, that a male
Black-chinned visited this morning (female has not been seen for at least a
week). Also, the Cliff Swallows brought a lone Cave with them up the hill
to circle above, and a Cooper's Hawk has put in an appearance two days in a
row. A molting Orange-crowned seems to be the only winter warbler left.
.
Elliott Gordon
AF5HH
NW Austin