[texbirds] Williamson Co. parks - 1/31 - Local Interest

  • From: Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TXBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:46:42 -0600

I checked out Devine Lake Park on this cold morning.  A city parks
crew was running chainsaws and one resident was running three dogs,
so nothing was very close at hand.  About 40 species with nothing
unusual.  Nice numbers of Bufflehead (22).

I relocated to Berry Springs Park for the midday and found two White-
breasted Nuthatches on the entrance road about 50 yards into the
park.  A sub-adult Red-headed Woodpecker was on a pecan on the N side
of the lake, not far from the playscape.  An ad. Harlan's Red-tail, a
Winter Wren, and a male Pine Warbler were on the list of about 45
species total.

Chuck Sexton
Austin, TX