[texbirds] Western Tanager at Quinta Mazatlan

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:17:26 -0600

Had a nice group of people come out for my weekly bird walk, and we enjoyed
a nice morning of birding. Clay-colored Thrushes are very easy to spot at
several fruiting Anacua trees, as well as our feeders and water features.
Olive Sparrows, White-tipped Dove, Green Jay, and other regulars were very
vocal this morning as well.
A Western Tanager showed itself just after the walk ended, feeding on some
granjeno berries in the Southeast corner of the park. A couple Summer
Tanagers have also been present and active in the park. Full list below.

Plain Chachalaca  10
Cooper's Hawk  1
White-winged Dove  6
Inca Dove  4