[texbirds] Western Tanager, Barton Creek, Austin 5/7/12

  • From: Chris Warren <warrech.gcwa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 22:12:07 -0500

This afternoon around 1:30pm as I was surveying Golden-cheeked Warblers
near Sculpture Falls on Barton Creek a male WESTERN TANAGER flew by me
across the creek. I was unable to relocate the bird after crossing the
creek. Was the West Bouldin bird seen today? Is is stranger to think that
this is the same bird or a new one? I am very familiar with the species and
quite confident of the ID.

Chris Warren
Austin, TX