[texbirds] Weslaco CBC 12/30 --*CHANGE* to *POTLUCK*

  • From: John Yochum <John.Yochum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:33:16 +0000

Weslaco Christmas Bird Count
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Consider this your formal invitation to participate in the annual nationwide
traditional bird count, tallying as many birds as possible within a 15 mile
diameter circle including the park.  Teams of participants may opt for a few
hours, counting an all-day marathon or anything in between. Bring your
binoculars, guidebook, snacks and water.
* Meet at Estero Llano Grande at 6:30am for assignments * On your own for
lunch.  If only counting for a half-day, please return packet to Estero front
desk when finished.
***IN THE PAST** WE HAVE MET  for a free count-down burger and hotdog dinner at
Estero Llano Grande State Park WBC at more or less 5:30pm where we talk about
what's been seen, eat some food, enjoy each other's company and turn in our
packets, with rare bird forms filled out.  UNFORTUNATELY THIS YEAR WE WILL HAVE
TO CHANGE TO A *POTLUCK* get-together.   I apologize for any inconvenience this
new arrangement may cause.
* There is no participation fee this year for any CBC

John Yochum
Park Naturalist
Estero Llano Grande State Park
Weslaco TX
956-565-3919

You need never be bored again! It's better outside!
Bunuelo Bites and christmas lights Sat Dec 13 7pm-10pm
Santa's Bird Hike Sat Dec 13 9am-11am
Night Hike with santa Mon Dec 22  8pm-10pm
Every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: Guided Bird Walk at 8:30
Every Sunday:  Tram Tour 2pm
Every Friday: Butterfly/Dragonfly Walk 10:30am
Night Hikes (every full and new moon; December 6th and 22nd)   8pm-10pm
Join us on Facebook!