[texbirds] Tyler State Park 1-25-13

  • From: "Boyd Sanders" <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:03:37 -0600

Howdy All!

=20

It's been a few days since I've been able to take a turn around the park
for birds.  It was overcast all day.  The Blackjack nature trail had
large flocks of goldfinches, juncos, and Chipping Sparrows.  The Greater
Scaup are still hanging out on the lake and the Spotted Towhee is still
hanging out on the dam.  The area on the lake trail by the beaver pond
had three Winter Wrens.  It seemed like every area that I went to today
had all three nuthatches hanging out in close proximity.

=20

Come on out tomorrow for our bird tour beginning at 8:15am.  We will
visit the places mentioned here and we may go after American Woodcock in
an area in the south end of the park.  Meet at the park HQ. =20

=20

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX

Jan 25, 2013 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Protocol: Traveling

3.0 mile(s)

49 species

=20

Mallard  5

Ring-necked Duck  5

Greater Scaup  2

Lesser Scaup  5

Ruddy Duck  23

Pied-billed Grebe  12

Black Vulture  17

Turkey Vulture  24

Red-shouldered Hawk  1

Red-tailed Hawk  1

American Coot  34

Mourning Dove  2

Belted Kingfisher  2

Red-bellied Woodpecker  5

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  2

Downy Woodpecker  7

Hairy Woodpecker  1

Pileated Woodpecker  5

Blue Jay  10

American Crow  15

Carolina Chickadee  10

Tufted Titmouse  12

Red-breasted Nuthatch  5

White-breasted Nuthatch  8

Brown-headed Nuthatch  6

Brown Creeper  9

House Wren  1

Winter Wren  5

Carolina Wren  8

Golden-crowned Kinglet  7

Ruby-crowned Kinglet  5

Eastern Bluebird  1

Hermit Thrush  2

American Robin  20

Northern Mockingbird  2

Orange-crowned Warbler  1

Pine Warbler  20

Yellow-rumped Warbler  34

Spotted Towhee  1

Eastern Towhee  3

Chipping Sparrow  30

Fox Sparrow  4

Song Sparrow  7

White-throated Sparrow  50

Dark-eyed Junco  100

Northern Cardinal  9

Red-winged Blackbird  15

Pine Siskin  1

American Goldfinch  150

=20

=20

Good Birding,  =20

=20

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG

Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

=20

Tyler State Park

789 Park Rd. 16

Tyler, TX 75706

=20

(903)597-5338

boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20

=20

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

=20

=20

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb
<http://bit.ly/sVdilb> >