[texbirds] Tyler State Park 11-8-12

  • From: "Boyd Sanders" <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 14:40:58 -0600

Howdy All!

=20

Sorry this is a day late but internet problems prevented posting
yesterday.  It was a good day.  Ducks are slowly starting to make it to
the lake.  The last couple of days we've had Ruddy's and a couple of
Redhead.  Winter Sparrows are here.  We had our FOF Fox Sparrow and
Savannah Sparrow, and then Field, Song and Lincoln's.  I didn't go out
the last couple of days after the LeConte's Sparrow so I'm hoping it
sticks around for this weekend's bird tour.  Eastern Towhee are out in
good numbers and we are finding Spotted Towhee in different areas of the
park. =20

=20

Red-breasted Nuthatches are still everywhere.  American Goldfinches,
Hermit Thrush, and some of our other winter residents have made it in
numbers this past week.  All-in-all, I had a short stint of birding
yesterday and came up with 52 species.  Not bad. =20

=20

Come on out and join us this Saturday, November 10, at 8am for a couple
of hours of birding.  We will be going after the LeConte's and other
winter sparrows or any bird that you would like to target. =20

=20

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX

Nov 8, 2012 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM

Protocol: Traveling

2.0 mile(s)

52 species

=20

Mallard  6

Redhead  2

Ruddy Duck  12

Pied-billed Grebe  12

Great Egret  2

Black Vulture  16

Turkey Vulture  5

Red-tailed Hawk  2

American Coot  6

Killdeer  2

Mourning Dove  2

Belted Kingfisher  1

Red-bellied Woodpecker  2

Downy Woodpecker  4

Hairy Woodpecker  1

Northern Flicker  2

Pileated Woodpecker  4

Eastern Phoebe  2

Blue Jay  8

American Crow  5

Carolina Chickadee  11

Tufted Titmouse  4

Red-breasted Nuthatch  6

White-breasted Nuthatch  2

Brown-headed Nuthatch  4

Brown Creeper  7

House Wren  2

Winter Wren  2

Carolina Wren  7

Golden-crowned Kinglet  2

Ruby-crowned Kinglet  7

Eastern Bluebird  8

Hermit Thrush  1

American Robin  20

Northern Mockingbird  2

Pine Warbler  5

Yellow-rumped Warbler  3

Spotted Towhee  1

Eastern Towhee  4

Chipping Sparrow  10

Field Sparrow  4

Savannah Sparrow  1

Fox Sparrow  1

Song Sparrow  7

Lincoln's Sparrow  3

White-throated Sparrow  20

Dark-eyed Junco  6

Northern Cardinal  8

Red-winged Blackbird  12

Eastern Meadowlark  4

House Finch  3

American Goldfinch  15

=20

=20

Good Birding, =20

=20

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG

Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

=20

Tyler State Park

789 Park Rd. 16

Tyler, TX 75706

=20

(903)597-5338

boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20

=20

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

=20

=20

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb
<http://bit.ly/sVdilb> >