[texbirds] Tropical Parula and lots more at Neals Lodges in Concan

  • From: SeEtta Moss <seettam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 21:14:27 -0500

I have been at Neals Lodges in Concan for the past 2 days and have enjoyed
the Tropical Parula that has been here about 3 weeks.  This place is rockin
with birds including Nashville/Yellow-rumped and Orange-crowned Warblers, a
number of Bell's Vireos (singing, paired and gathering nesting material),
male Summer Tanager, Verdin, Ladder-backed Woodpeckers, Swainson's Hawk,
and even had a Canyon Wren singing today. Also saw a Harris's Hawk
nearby.   I have posted photos of the Tropical Parula on my Birds and
Nature blog <http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/> and will post photos of
others tomorrow (hard to take time to upload and manage photos as I can
hear birds singing right outside my cabin much of the day).
SeEtta Moss
Colorado birder currently in Concan, Tx
Personal blog @ http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com
Blogging for Birds an Blooms Magazine @ http://BirdsAndBloomsBlog.com