[texbirds] Re: Tropical Mockingbird questions

  • From: steve mayes <sgmayes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brucesherman@xxxxxxx>, TEXBirds posts <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 02:04:51 +0000

The Tropical Mockingbird is usually very easy to see.  When you first enter the
gate, look around the open area in front of the woods as the bird often visits
this area.  Its favorite hang out, is the open area just right (east) of the
entrance, often around a large dead oak.  If you wait in this area long enough,
the bird will show up (it usually doesn't take long).No idea what the chances
are of this bird being accepted by the TBRC. Steve MayesPort Arthur, TX
 From: brucesherman@xxxxxxx
To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [texbirds] Tropical Mockingbird questions
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 19:57:19 -0500

I am going to drive up to hopefully see and photograph the Tropical Mockingbird
tomorrow. If I am reading recent posts correctly I feel confident in finding
the bird.

Does anybody have any specific suggestions on where to look?

Also, what are the chances this record will be accepted by TOS?

Thanks.

Bruce Sherman
Rockport, TX