[texbirds] They're back? and ! (yard birds)

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:51:29 -0500

First, the singing White-eyed Vireos. I thought they'd moved on. I am still
pessimistic about nesting directly behind the house, but we'll see.
Next, as I went out to hear the vireos, I saw a bird on a hummingbird
feeder. It looked up, and BAM, red gorget. Ruby-throated Hummingbirds are
back.

Finally, I cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeders (as there are now
at least 3 birds and they were getting low). Timing just so that I heard
the end of a Chuck-wills-widow calling from far off.

If you haven't seen this link
http://gulfcrossingmovie.com/Gulf_Crossing.html you should. It's a great
piece about migration.

Elliott Gordon