[texbirds] Thanksgiving for Shrikes, Grackles and Gulls and Ebird

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 22:33:56 -0500

*************************************************************************************************************
  Yep it was indeed, Shrike People were feasting on small exhausted
passerines today...We saw several with birds or bird parts, Grackles and
gulls too..A good friend here had to take the hummer feeders because a
shrike had learned how to catch the hummers right off the feeder...Amazing
.   Everyone has to eat so fault the hungry natives with young to feed...a
easy cheap meal is hard to turn down...which is why McDonald's is so
popular I guess with grackles and super-sized humans.
  I just put our stuff into Ebird...Within less than 1/2 sq. mile according
to it, we had 136 species and I am sure I left out several things.   Not
that I did not expect it, but 14 entries were flagged...It did not like our
450 Gray Catbirds for example...Sorry about that reviewer...everything in
there is in there because it was there..

Good birding hopefully tomorrow for folks that could not make it today, and
many thanks for the offline comments.

Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/