[texbirds] Swallow-tailed Kites in Silsbee

  • From: Debby McWhorter <debby_mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:58:01 -0500

Silsbee is a very small town,so when you jump out of your car to get a picture
of SwtKs people stop what they are doing and try to see what you are looking at.
Ike and I chased 4 SwtKs over half of Silsbee this afternoon! I'm thinking it
is the same group that we have seen previously. This adult shows the wing molt
that I saw last week. There were 2 adults&2juvie with one juv landing in the
top of a huge sycamore begging to be fed. iPads are not the best cameras but
with a lot of cropping I was able to post this picture.

Debby McWhorter
Silsbee Tx