[texbirds] Swainson's Warbler: Tyler State Park 4-27-13

  • From: "Boyd Sanders" <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:00:59 -0500

Howdy All!

Birding was a little slow today for the morning walk.  Had two Rose-breasted
Grosbeaks on the Whispering Pines trail head near the front office.  Down near
the Beaver pond was Chestnut-sided and not too shabby looks at a Swainson's
Warbler.  Down the Old Road Trail we heard Swainson's Thrush.  Also had a small
flock of Lesser Scaup make an appearance for the birding 101 program.  It was
good to have some larger, easier to point out birds for the 42 people that join
us on that hike.  Just a few minutes ago I heard a singing Philadelphia Vireo
just outside my office.  A nice way to round out the day.  Here's the list:

 Apr 27, 2013
Tyler SP (PPW-E 065)
Traveling
3 miles
240 Minutes
Observers: 2
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.5.1
6 Mallard
7 Lesser Scaup
4 Pied-billed Grebe
1 Little Blue Heron
2 Black Vulture
3 Turkey Vulture
1 Cooper's Hawk
1 Red-shouldered Hawk
1 Broad-winged Hawk
1 Killdeer
1 Spotted Sandpiper
2 Mourning Dove
2 Chimney Swift
1 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
3 Red-headed Woodpecker
2 Red-bellied Woodpecker
1 Downy Woodpecker
1 Northern Flicker
2 Pileated Woodpecker
5 Eastern Phoebe
3 Great Crested Flycatcher
4 Eastern Kingbird
2 White-eyed Vireo
1 Philadelphia Vireo
6 Red-eyed Vireo
6 Blue Jay
4 American Crow
16 Purple Martin
4 Carolina Chickadee
2 Tufted Titmouse
2 White-breasted Nuthatch
5 Brown-headed Nuthatch
7 Carolina Wren
5 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
3 Eastern Bluebird
2 Swainson's Thrush
2 Northern Mockingbird
1 Brown Thrasher
9 Cedar Waxwing
2 Nashville Warbler
1 Chestnut-sided Warbler
1 Black-throated Green Warbler
7 Pine Warbler
2 Black-and-white Warbler
1 American Redstart
1 Swainson's Warbler
2 Common Yellowthroat
2 Yellow-breasted Chat
10 White-crowned Sparrow
7 Summer Tanager
10 Northern Cardinal
2 Rose-breasted Grosbeak
8 Indigo Bunting
8 Red-winged Blackbird
6 Brown-headed Cowbird
10 Pine Siskin

Good Birding,

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG
Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

Tyler State Park
789 Park Rd. 16
Tyler, TX 75706

(903)597-5338
boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb>