[texbirds] Re: Subject: Re: Yellow Rail? Panhandle

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "phockey@xxxxxxxx" <phockey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 22:04:13 -0400

All -

Back in the 1980s, there was a Sharp-tailed Sparrow at Brigantine NWR in NJ
that was partially albino and had white secondaries.    It frequented one of
the corners on the Wildlife Drive and frequently would fly from the roadside
vegetation, over the tidal channel, and dive into the grasses on the far side.
It is impossible to know how many birders ticked that bird off as their Lifer
Yellow Rail, but it is likely hundreds of people did.

Clay Taylor
Calallen (Corpus Christi) TX
Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPad