[texbirds] St. Edwards Park, NW Austin (Travis Co.) 3/29/13

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

This is a slightly belated report, but both Sam and Elliot posted their
highlights from St. Edwards Park yesterday and they were much the same as mine
(though darn it I dipped on the Yellow-throated Vireo).  Anyway, I birded the
main body of the park, as well as the trails that go to the north and south of
it along the creek.  I had good numbers of many species, like Black-chinned
Hummingbirds and Golden-cheeked Warblers.  However, the highlights were 3
singing Louisiana Waterthrushes along the creek and a pair of Northern
Rough-Winged Swallows.  My full list from the morning follows:

Wood Duck  2
Great Blue Heron  2
Black Vulture  3
Turkey Vulture  9