[texbirds] South Padre Island - Monday April 15th

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 00:30:14 -0500

TexBirders,

On Monday April 15th Rex and Birgit Stanford and I birded at the
Valley Land Fund's Sheepshead Lots and the Convention Center on South
Padre Island. Sheepshead was pretty slow, but the Convention Center
was hopping with birds. We briefly looked out on the flats behind the
Convention Center and found numerous Gull, Terns, and a few
Shorebirds. The highlight was the migrants at the Convention Center
coming to the water feature, including 12 species of Warblers!

Lots of photos at:

www.otterside.com/spring2013

Enjoy! It's a great time of the year!

Erik Breden