[texbirds] Sendera ponds - Austin

  • From: "LMarkoff" <canyoneaglej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:39:47 -0500

Hi Texbirds,

Stopped at Sendera ponds today (intersection of Bremner and Companeros) to
see if there was anything new since my last visit on Friday, 4/19.  New
today, some of them FOY for me at this location:

Blue-winged Teal - 6
Great Blue Heron - 1
Green Heron - 4
Purple Martin - 3
Cliff/Cave Swallow - 8
Western Kingbird - 1
White-eyed Vireo - 1

There were no other Ducks on the pond, not even any Black-bellied Whistling
Ducks.  The water level is high, so no mud for shorebirds, although there
was one Killdeer present.  As is the case many times when I am there, I
heard Peacocks calling from a distance to the south.

Also, have had Great-crested Flycatcher in the yard for the last few days.

Lori Markoff
Austin, near Brodie and Slaughter Lanes