[texbirds] Seeking East Texas Co-Compiler for 2015 Rusty Blackbird Blitz

  • From: Richard Gibbons <rgibbons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:56:21 +0000

Dear Texbirders,
Plans are underway for the 2015 Rusty Blackbird Blitz, a project designed to
fill in critical data gaps for a boreal forest breeding bird with a precipitous
population trend. This will be my second year as the Texas compiler and it
would be helpful to have a co-compiler from East Texas to ensure we have good
coverage in the core of the Rusty Blackbird winter range. The volunteer
position would include program promotion and some communication with
participants. In particular, we'd like to have more repeated visits to
locations with Rusties. If you are potentially interested, please send me an
email or call for more information. Here is a link to the project website in
case you would like to learn more:
http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/

Come on Beaumont, Port Arthur, Tyler, Longview, Huntsville, Nac', and Texarkana!

Thanks,

Richard

[cid:image003.png@01D007CC.E61E4290]

Richard E. Gibbons, PhD
Conservation Director
Houston Audubon
440 Wilchester Boulevard
Houston, Texas  77079
(713) 932-1639 ext. 104
www.houstonaudubon.org<http://www.houstonaudubon.org/>

Delivering Avian Conservation on the Upper Texas Coast