[texbirds] Scoters at Mitchell Lake

  • From: Sheridan Coffey <sngcanary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds - Email <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, SATXbirds <SATXbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 09:11:22 -0800 (PST)

We are back home from Mitchell Lake in San Antonio. We saw all three scoter
species. The Surfs were the easiest to see, being fairly obvious in the rafts
of scaup on the NW side of the lake. The White-winged came and went throughout
the morning. We initially saw the female Black in close at the bend in the
lake, but she disappeared for most of the morning. We just got word she is
being seen again. Mitchell Lake is open today until 4PM. Ask at the desk for
directions to the area where the birds are being seen.

Sheridan Coffey
San Antonio, Tx
http://sngcanary1.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/sngcanary