[texbirds] Saturday, May 3 11 a.m. first post

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 17:56:37 -0700 (PDT)

I birded Russ Pitman and Edith Moore, very few birds, a total of four warblers,
one of each kind: Redstart, Ovenbird, B&W and Magnolia.
Headed to George Bush Park to see what grasspipers might be out there (none,
not flooded).
Paul Rushing had at least a dozen Pectoral Sandpipers with Baird's in
attendance that allowed close viewing.

Along 529, just past a business Alek Solutions (might be spelled wrong here) on
north side was at least 8 Hudsonian Godwits, many
Wilson's Phalaropes, Buff breasted, Pectoral and the usual yellowlegs.

Yesterday Lafitte's Cove in Galveston was empty of migrants other than a lone
Acadian Flycatcher and a Philadelphia Vireo.
Retellion Road on Bolivar had bank swallows sitting pretty on wire with barn
swallows.

Carolyn Dill
Houston

PS not get through when sent Saturday am so I am re sending.