[texbirds] : San Antonio Audubon Phone message November 12

  • From: Georgina Schwartz <gbird@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SATXbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:49:05 -0600

SAAS phone message November 12 2014

Telephone number 210-308-6788

Georgina Schwartz recording

Hello, this is the San Antonio Audubon Society with our

November 12 recording of recent bird sightings and an update

on coming activities.

If you just want to leave a message or report a bird sighting, you

may do so at any time by pressing 5 on your touch-tone phone

and recording after the beep. Just be sure to add your name and

repeat your phone number, please.

We do not rescue baby or crippled birds. Call Wildlife Rescue and

Rehabilitation at 830-336-2725 for assistance. For owls or hawks

call Last Chance Forever at 210-499-4080. In most cases the parents

will be back.

You may also access our website at _www.saaudubon.org
<http://www.saaudubon.org/>_for more

information about the club, a membership form, directions to the

birding places, a complete list of the birds of Bexar County, and

some photos of interest.

Recent sightings at the Crescent Bend Nature Park in NE Bexar

county include red-bellied and red-headed woodpecker,

both are  rare in Bexar county

And thank you for reporting your birds to this tape so others can find

them.

The San Antonio Audubon society has been a birding, education, and

conservation club since 1954. We meet regularly on the first Thursday

of each month at 7 PM at The First Tee at 915 E Mulberry at the south

end of Brackenridge Park. The next one is our holiday party on

December 4. Bring up to 10 pictures to show and some finger foods to share.

The next Beginner's walk is on Saturday, December 13 at the Judson Nature

Traisl in Alamo Heights at 8 AM. From the 5900 block of Broadway, turn

west on Ogden and go to the stop sign at Greeley Street. Turn left and
go one

block to Viesca Street. Turn right and go the parking lot on the left
before

the swimming pool. Leader is Georgina Schwartz at 210-342-2073

The next trip to the Crescent Bend Nature Park in northeast Bexar County

will be on Tuesday, November 18, at 8 AM with Sandi Wheeler.

On Thursday November 20 we will be at the Blanco State Park at 8:30 AM

Call Georgina at 210-342-2073 so there will be a place for you at lunch

at the Redbud Cafe..

On Saturday, Nov 22 Mile Creese will lead at Choke Canyon State Park.

Meet him at the entrance to the Calliham Unit at 8 AM Bring lunch and

money for admission to the park This park is west of Three Rivers on FM 72.

On Sunday, Nov 23, Helen Rejzek will lead at the Medina River Natural

Area at 8 AM. Meet her at the park 4.1 miles south of loop 410 on highway

16 just before the Medina River bridge.

There will be bird walks at the Mitchell Lake Audubon Center on the south

side of San Antonio each Sunday and on the 2^nd Tuesday at 8 AM. Exit south

loop 410 at exit 46, the Moursund Rd, and south 0.7 mile to the gate on
the left.

This place is now open every day except Monday from 8 to 4 for a small fee.

Call 210-628-1639 for more info.

Everyone is welcome at our activities and you don't have to be a member to

participate. If you would like more information or membership in our group,

just leave your name and phone number and someone will return your call.

Happy Birding!