[texbirds] Rooney Park, Fort Stockton (Pecos County) - Pine Warbler

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:29:18 -0800 (PST)

One our way to the Davis Mountains, Gil Eckrich and I made a stop at Rooney
Park in Fort Stockton (Pecos Co.).  I needed 6 species to get to 100 for the
county, and the park did not disappoint.  The highlight was a Pine Warbler (a
fairly bright female from what I can tell) along the fence and trees on the
north side of the precinct building (building just south of the entrance on
285).  The little drip there was bringing in dozens of finches.  A female
Eastern Bluebird was also in that area.  Elsewhere in the park, we were able to
pish in a very curious and very annoyed Red-breasted Nuthatch.
Rich

Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy
318 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas 78701