[texbirds] Re: Recommendation for Amarillo Birding

  • From: "Gary & Kathy Saucier" <gksaucier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 14:26:31 -0500

Penny, I hope others answer this so I can make a list of places to consider
in the future.

Sounds like you won't have time to drive out to Palo Duro or the Buffalo
Lake Nat. Wildlife Refuge and I don't have much experience in that area and
look forward to hearing what others suggest.

But on a trip in August 2009 we ventured over to Amarillo's Wildcat Bluff
Nature Center

http://www.wildcatbluff.org/ for a quick hike in the morning.

Only bird I noted in my book, of significance to me because it was a lifer,
was a female Bullock's Oriole.  We weren't out super early though and might
account for the lack of sightings as it was baking hot.

On the above website, you can click on the map for the trails and location.
It is north of I-40 on the loop. There are signs and was easy & quick enough
to find.

Kathy

Carrollton