[texbirds] RCWMA

  • From: D D Currie <ddbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 14:02:51 -0500

Dell and I made a quick trip to Richland Creek WMA this morning after
receiving a text from Ed Wetzel of Bobolinks.  We did not find them, but
had a few other interesting birds.  The overall number of birds at RCWMA
has dropped significantly from just a week ago, but still some good stuff
there.
Also had a Kentucky Warbler at our house in Henderson County this morning
(new yard bird) and had 3 American Redstarts, a Magnolia Warbler, and 2
Tennesse Warblers there yesterday.

Freestone County

Redhead 1
Lesser Scaup 1
Western Sandpiper 1
White-rumped Sandpiper - 2
Bald Eagle 1
Perigrine Falcon 1
Yellow-headed Blackbirds - 39

Navarro County

Lesser Scaup 1
Hudsonian Godwits 10 (seen flying)
Tricolored Heron 10
American Bittern 1
White Ibis 20 (have been absent for several months)
Common Gallinule 7
Sora 20 (expect there were MANY more)
Crested Carcara 1
Peregrine Falcon 1 (different than one in Freestone)
CASPIAN TERN 1 (new county bird)
Yellow-headed Blackbirds 7

D. D. Currie
Arlington and Henderson County