[texbirds] RAPTORS IN PEARLAND THIS WEEKEND

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 22:09:26 -0500

While out riding my trike late this afternoon, I saw 2 female Cooper's Hawks:
one was an adult, and one was an immature one. They were about one mile apart,
so they may not be related?

Yesterday, I saw an adult Bald Eagle cruising around the eastern most storm
water retention pond on Magnolia St.  First time that I have seen one in that
area since last February.

Today, I saw an Osprey perched on a street light near the western most storm
water retention pond on Magnolia St.

And, while visiting friends in the Clear Lake area today, I saw an immature
female Cooper's Hawk up close as it flew from a tree along Pineloch and flew
along side the car for about one block.  She looked like she had a full crop.

Mira M. Pellerin