[texbirds] Quintana today

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 22:06:46 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

TexBirders,

A follow up to my earlier message. We tallied two male Black-throated Blue
Warblers, a male and a female Cape May Warbler, a female Blackpoll, a
Tennessee, and a Northern Parula at Quintana this afternoon and evening.
Several of us birded along the spoil banks along the road to Quintana and
had a Black-throated Green and another Black-throated Blue male. We did not
run into John Tharp and since we didn't see the same species mix, it's clear
the birds were moving through the area pretty rapidly. It will be
interesting to see what tomorrow brings. I believe the winds will be much
the same as they were today.

Sue

Susan A. Heath, PhD
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory