[texbirds] Quintana, 4/17/13

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:42:08 -0500

TexBirders,

I made a morning and afternoon visit to Quintana today. I don't have the
whole list but warblers were thin. I know there was Black & White, Yellow,
Tennessee, American Redstart, and the more regular ones. There was a fly
over Swallow-tailed Kite seen by a few. Still several Scarlet Tanagers and
lots of Orchard Orioles. I only saw one Baltimore but he was really pretty!
Lots of hummers. A Veery was seen through about noon. I went over to
Xeriscape in the afternoon and found more birds there than at the sanctuary.
Many Indigo Buntings, a few Blue Grosbeaks, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Yellow
Warblers, Tennessee Warblers, and a Western Kingbird flew in as I was
leaving. Still a bunch of White-crowned and Lincoln's Sparrows.

Sue

Susan A. Heath, PhD
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
103 Hwy 332 West