[texbirds] Potential I-10 shorebird spots near Van Horn

  • From: Tim Fennell <tfennell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:28:26 -0700 (PDT)

While driving on I-10 between Van Horn and Fort Stockton yesterday, I noticed a
couple of spots that might be good for shorebirds and waders over the next
couple of months. They both appeared to be ephemeral shallow water areas (but
maybe just flooded ponds) created by recent monsoon rains. As I speeded past,
neither appeared to have birds right now . Both were on the north side of I-10,
one at about mile marker 169 and the other at about mile marker 176.

Cheers,
Tim Fennell
Round Rock, TX (15 miles north of Austin)
Travis Audubon Society