[texbirds] Possible Mountain Plover

  • From: Donna Kelly <dkelly163@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 13:15:16 -0600

Observed a possible Mountain plover at Bolivar Flats yesterday afternoon.
Bird was reported to us at Anahuac NWR on Friday afternoon so we went
looking specifically for an unusual plover.
Bird had a pale brownish overall color on head and back with white
underparts with faint eyeline. Black bill and gray legs. By the time I
picked up my camera the bird had evaporated.

If anyone goes looking, keep your eyes peeled for this mystery, too.

--
Donna Kelly
Home is where you park it!