[texbirds] Port O'Connor....Not great but decent

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:29:33 -0500

Birded in part with Suzanne Eberhard this morning  Lots of migrant
diversity but no real big numbers of anything except swallows, mostly Barn.
Had my FOY Prothotary and Lazuli Bunting this morning (I know I am late on
the PROW)...14-16 warbler species, all expected species and the Chats are
really starting to make a showing.  Still lots of Scarlet Tanagers
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are increasing in numbers.

  An odd thing I have been watching this week are how the Laughing Gulls
are raiding a mulberry tree daily, but only this one tree.  There are
plenty of trees with ripe berries and to my taste on this tree are no
different, and even not as good as the berries on other trees but I never
see the gulls using those.....One of those go figure things I reckon...But
it seems odd to me

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell