[texbirds] Port O'Connor...Brrrrr

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:18:00 -0500

North winds on the front beach to 37 mph, 10:00A temp:  51, cloudy.
miserable for birds and birders.  I did a very short visit to a couple of
protected areas in town...Birds are here but whipping trees, the short
visit and cold winds made it hard to detect the hunkered down critters in
the woodlots so I don't have a good feel as to the quality of this
fallout...I just know it is more than I wanted to spend time checking on
this morning.  I did see several flocks of buntings and Blue Grosbeaks and
a few tanagers and warblers darting from patch to patch.....Maybe once this
wind lies I can get a better assessment.
--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell