[texbirds] Port O'Connor, Indianola

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:23:21 -0500

******
Nothing special today.....So far anyway.

I am pretty sure I heard a Black Rail very early,  but since I later
heard Mockers mimicking BLRAs, I left it off my mental list.

Long-billed Curlews are back....Had 11 over two locations  None had
bands....I was looking for Bailey.

  As the warmed up had a flight of about 38 Wood Storks circling over
a private marsh

  Had a single singing adult male Orchard Oriole...Lots of folks don't
realize they breed virtually right on the bay in Chinese Tallow and
willows (as do E. Kingbirds).
*
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell