[texbirds] Port O'Connor AM

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:23:00 -0500

After last evening's fallout, a lot of birds had left by  early this
morning , especially the thrushes but left behind all the tanagers and
grosbeaks which frankly becoming a bit tiresome but I keep looking for a
Western Tanager.
I only added a single species as new for the year.  Warblers still are
usually found as singles here and there but I can build a pretty good list
if I was not so lazy.
  Quite a few buntings in town especially Indigos, but a good number of
Painteds.  This reminds me that this is the eve of Utley National Painted
are Back Day...Like clockwork on the 22nd (sometimes the 23rd) territorial
males just suddenly appear overnight and remain to breed.  One day they are
absent and the next morning, boom!,  they are all over.  It is also Western
Kingbird day in Utley and for years at the old (now gone) IBM plant in
Austin.
I have not seen anyone use a tripod here all spring :-)

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell