[texbirds] Port O'Connor

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:39:28 -0500

 As anticipated most of last evenings migrants moved on in the night with
the south winds, however a fair number remain.  I birded this morning with
Diane Nunely who takes such good care of Magic Ridge for TOS and is the go
to person to ask everything farming in southern Calhoun Co. as she and her
husband are such a big part of it.

  The numbers of Scarlet Tanagers just blow me away this year....Never have
had a year here where there were so many and persisting so long...Even on
the slowest of days, the darn things are present.  We only had a few
warblers.  Maybe things will pick up in the evening as it usually does.

  I have not looked at the weather or the status of the reported incoming
front later today as was reported previously...I wish it would bring rain
more than I wish it would bring birds.

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell