[texbirds] Panhandle Birding, Yellow-headed Blackbirds, Southeast Park, Amarillo TX 12-MAY 2014

  • From: "Barrett Pierce" <bpierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 08:35:26 -0500

I spent an hour at Southeast Park in Amarillo late in the afternoon. There
was a good mix of warblers, sparrows and thrush around but nothing like
Thompson Park. As I was about to leave a huge flock (500+) of Yellow-headed
Blackbirds flew in to feed in the grass field at the entrance to the parkon
the left.

Barrett Pierce

Amarillo, TX