[texbirds] Odd Couple

  • From: Janice Cunningham <jan3putt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 09:10:12 -0500

A male Wood Duck and a female American Pekin Duck (I think that's what it is)
have entered into a relationship on the Battleground Golf Club in Deer Park,
Texas.  I have seen them twice in the past couple of months and it is really
cute to see the Wood Duck scampering around behind the Pekin Duck.  They hang
around in one of the ponds between the 5th and 6th holes on the golf course and
the ponds are easily  accessible from the driving range parking lot.

Jan Cunningham
Houston, Texas