[texbirds] NW Austin birds - Golden-winged, Blue-winged, Bay-breasted Warblers

  • From: Mikael Behrens <mikaelb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:51:30 -0500

Howdy,

Lake Creek Trail in far northwest Austin was going off this morning, both with
migrating birds and local birders! I arrived late (9:00) after receiving a text
from Barry Noret that he and Stephen McDonald had found a Golden-winged
Warbler. (We now think there were at least two.) I ran into Rich Kostecke soon
and we found it and a Blue-winged Warbler. Another text from Barry led me off
trail and into the woods where I found him and Stephen watching a Bay-breasted
Warbler and singing Philadelphia Vireo. Later back on the trail we were joined
by Sue and Steve Witmer. Here are some other highlights. I'm sure I'm leaving
out a few things:

Least Flycatcher
Great Crested Flycatcher
Bell's Vireo (singing)
Yellow Warbler
Black-throated Green Warblers (singing)
Common Yellowthroat
Tennessee Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Orange-crowned Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Yellow-breasted Chat
Blue Grosbeak
Wilson's Phalarope
Summer Tanager
Swainson's Thrush (singin)

Mikael Behrens
Austin
Williamson County

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at